28 Things I Want to Teach My Son One Day
As a first time mother, I’m learning new things everyday. Raising children and raising them well is serious business that requires hard work and consistency. As a mama to a little boy, I’ve started to put together a list of things I want him to learn. I’m sure this list will grow, but so far these are the things. I think they are great reminders for us all!
“It’s not what you do for your children, but what you teach them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings” – Ann Landers
1. Use your head and speak from your heart.
2. Make time for your family
3. Don’t play with other people’s feelings.
4. Be kind to animals.
5. Be humble.
6. Learn to dance.
7. There’s something to be learned from everyone you meet.
8. Take care of your body.
9. Life is too short to be unhappy.
10. Stand up for the little guy.
11. Be the person people can trust.
12. Never drink and drive.
13. Do what you love.
14. Ask your future wife’s father permission before you propose.
15. Table manners. Use them.
16. Learn to cook.
17. Being a gentlemen will never go out of fashion.
18. Be kind to everyone you meet.
19. Don’t make a big decision in the heat of the moment.
20. Tell the truth.
21. Stand up for what you believe in.
22. Always think twice before you hit “send”
23. Make your bed every morning.
24. Pain has a beginning, a middle, and an end. Remember this when you are hurt.
25. You’re not the center of the world. Yes, you’re the center of MY world, but not everyone’s. Don’t be selfish and don’t be late.
26. Don’t be the loudest guy in the room.
27. Greet people with a firm handshake.
28. The best things in life aren’t always free, but they are definitely better when shared.
Hudson’s Blue Beanie: Little & Lively
What do you think? What is your favorite on this list? I would love to hear comments below 🙂