7 Reasons Why I Finally Started a Blog
I started a Travel Blog in 2005 and although I faithfully posted for over 5 years, I let it fizzle out once I was working full-time cruising at Sea. Internet wasn’t cheap, and sadly… I ultimately lost interest. I knew this hobby of mine would one day resurface but I had to wait for the right time. Fears also got in the way. I constantly doubted whether I could find the time, find an available web address and find out how to use the related technology. Everything about starting a new blog seemed overwhelming! I was hesitant to return to blogging because of social media dominance, is blogging still alive? Digging deeper, I realized it’s become livelier than ever and now is an exciting time to blog.
One morning I just woke up and decided to go for it! Here are 7 reasons why:
1. It’ll serve as my personal journal. Growing up I always kept a diary to dock my adventures. With this blog I can put my journey in Motherhood into writing, so that we can recall our memories even when we are busy making new ones.
2. To Keep my Brain Sharp. Being a Stay at Home Mom these past 6 months has been wonderful, but I also love having a side project and learning something new. Staying tech-savvy is also important to me and keeping my brain going on a daily basis.
3. To Help and Inspire. Being a Mama is the greatest job on earth but comes with many trials and tribulations. My hope is that I can share what I learn, and offer tips that might help others who are going thru the same experiences.
4. To Become a Better Writer. I think this will happen naturally with the more I do it. I sometimes struggle to find the words and end up feeling a lack of creativity. I’m also hoping with practice, blogging will help me write more meaningful anniversary cards for my husband.
5. To Keep in Touch. We have family living all over the World! Mark is from England so we are always video calling and face -timing with his family. This blog will serve as another way for them to see what is going on in our lives and stay in contact. I’m sure my computer savvy grandma will also be checking in and commenting on a regular basis.
6. Because Everyone Kept Telling Me I Should. For years I’ve had friends and family (and even complete strangers) telling me I should be blogging about my life. As we continue to travel the world (this time with our little one) and grow as parents I know I will have many things to blog about!
7. To Have Fun. I have always had a passion for travel and photography. I’m a very visual person and building this blog with my photos and sharing life experiences, will be a lot of fun for me. “This Mama Loves Life” promises to exude positively on every reader who stumbles upon it.